Yoga for kids
Our children live in a hurry-up world of busy parents, school pressures, incessant lessons, video games, and competitive sports. We usually don't think of these influences as stressful for our kids, but often they are. The bustling pace of our children's lives can have a profound effect on their innate joy—and usually not for the better.
I have found that yoga can help counter these pressures. When children learn techniques for self-health, relaxation, and inner fulfillment, they can navigate life's challenges with a little more ease. Yoga at an early age encourages self-esteem and body awareness with a physical activity that's noncompetitive. Fostering cooperation and compassion—instead of opposition—is a great gift to give our children.
Classes help children to:
- Develop strong, flexible and healthy bodies
- Increase concentration, focus and attention
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Cultivate a peaceful, relaxed state of body and mind
- Express creativity and imagination
- Acquire personal tools for stress management
- Understand anatomy and health
- Learn environmental awareness and earth care
- Foster language development and social interaction